• +35621244895
  • info@micc.org.mt

    #CORONAVIRUS MALTA LIVEBLOG

    2590cc9d4bce0f57e111fd054de112de669fffce-1584090965-5e6b4f55-960x640There have been a surge of coronavirus cases in Malta, with 52 cases confirmed overnight.

    It is the largest daily number of COVID-19 cases since the virus hit Malta last month, bringing the total to 293.

    Health Minister Chris Fearne and the Superintendent of Public Health, Charmaine Gauci, are giving an update on the coronavirus situation in Malta. 

    Fearne said the figures should not be a cause for alarm and that Malta was on the "curve that we were predicting". 

    "The number did not take us by surprise. The only surprise is that they came today and not days ago. We were expecting these figures last week," he said. 

    'Record tests'
    He said the new cases are not suspected of being linked to the Ħal Far open centre for migrants and asylum seekers, which has been put under lockdown after eight cases were confirmed there.

    Fearne said the 52 new positive cases came from a record 825 tests and that the authorities have a target of reaching 1,000 tests every day from the four swabbing centres at Gozo, Luxol, Luqa and Mater Dei.  

    logo-black

     

    ARTICLE WRITTEN BY THE TIMES OF MALTA.
    FOLLOW THE UPDATES ON THE TIMES OF MALTA.

     

    catamarano-virtuVirtu Ferries announce that WITH EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY 8th APRIL 2020, the Superintendent of Public Health and The Port Health Authorities, have approved the transportation of accompanied cargo on M/V St John Paul II, under strict health control conditions.

    Accompanied cargo arriving Malta from Sicily aboard M/V Saint John Paul II (the Vessel) shall be disembarked / embarked at the Virtu Sea Terminal, Marsa (Terminal Secure Area) only under the following strict conditions:

    min svil

    ambasciataitalianamalta

    assocamerestero

    expat