Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 17:30
Sat-Sun Closed
+356 21244895
Phone
55/1 Giuseppe Calì Street XBX1425 Ta' Xbiex Malta

#CORONAVIRUS MALTA LIVEBLOG

#CORONAVIRUSMALTA: New restrective measures from the Malta Government

Pin It

09d34afefa5c98c215ec5a98fda0c3df3b5f85c1-1585238717-5e7cd2bd-1920x1280All people aged over 65 and others who suffer from particular medical conditions are being ordered to stay at home as from Saturday, Health Minister Chris Fearne has announced.

He also announced that the police have been ordered to disperse any group of more than five people found in the streets.

In his introduction, Fearne said that although only five new cases were confirmed on Thursday - raising the total to 134 - predictive modelling showed that many more cases were to be expected. 

Furthermore, whereas the first cases were imported, there had been a shift, first to people connected with travel and now, to local transmission.

"We are still in the early stages, and measures will be rolled out gradually on the basis of the evidence and the predictive modelling," he said.

In many cities abroad, health systems were being overwhelmed, Fearne observed. Malta was learning the lessons and the authorities were continually raising capacity through the training of more specialist doctors and nurses and by increasing the number of available beds and equipment. 

logo-black



ARTICLE WRITTEN BY THE TIMES OF MALTA
FOLLOW THE UPDATES ON THE TIMES OF MALTA.

PHOTO BY THE TIMES OF MALTA.

EVENTI MICC

There are no up-coming events
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
© Copyright 2020 MALTESE ITALIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. All Rights Reserved.