Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 17:30
Sat-Sun Closed
+356 21244895
Phone
55/1 Giuseppe Calì Street XBX1425 Ta' Xbiex Malta

STATISTICS MALTA

Malta: +55 persons unemployment increase

Pin It

Malta 55 persons unemployment increase 1In February 2024, the number of persons registering for work stood at 1,096 increasing by 55 persons when compared to the corresponding month in 2023.

Data provided by Jobsplus for February 2024 indicate a year-on-year increase of 59 persons and a decrease of four persons registering under Part I and under Part II of the unemployment register, respectively. Increases in the registered unemployment levels were recorded in the majority of the age groups. Males accounted for 68.5 per cent of total registrants while females accounted for the remaining 31.5 per cent.

A year-on-year decrease of 28 persons and three persons was recorded among those registering for work for 21 to 52 weeks and for over one year, respectively. On the other hand, the number of persons registering for work for under 21 weeks increased by 86.

In February 2024, the number of persons with a disability who were registering for work decreased by five when compared to the previous year, reaching 228 persons. Males accounted for 77.2 per cent of total registrants with a disability.

The largest shares of persons, both for males and females, on the unemployment register sought occupations as Clerical support workers, with the respective proportions standing at 21.1 per cent and 41.3 per cent.

 

NSO

ARTICLE WRITTEN BY ARTICLE WRITTEN BY NSO

FOLLOW THE UPDATES ON NSO

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
© Copyright 2024 MALTESE ITALIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. All Rights Reserved.