Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 17:30
Sat-Sun Closed
+356 21244895
Phone
55/1 Giuseppe Calì Street XBX1425 Ta' Xbiex Malta

STATISTICS MALTA

Malta: Registered Unemployment May 2023

Pin It

nso ingleseData provided by Jobsplus for May 2023 indicate a year-on-year decrease of 16 persons and 29 persons registering under Part I and under Part II of the unemployment register respectively.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Decreases in the registered unemployment levels were recorded in the majority of the age groups; excluding the under 20s. Males accounted for 70.4 per cent of total registrants while females accounted for the remaining 29.6 per cent

Persons who had been registering for work for under 21 weeks and those who had been registering for over one year decreased when compared to the same month in 2022. On the other hand, persons who have been registering for work for 21 to 52 weeks increased when compared to the same month of the previous year.

In May 2023, the number of persons with a disability who were registering for work decreased by 18 when compared to the previous year, reaching 224 persons. Males accounted for 77.7 per cent of total registrants with a disability.

The largest shares of persons, both for males and females, on the unemployment register sought occupations as Clerical support workers, with the respective proportions standing at 23.1 per cent and 37.3 per cent.

logo.png

ARTICLE WRITTEN BY NSO 

FOLLOW THE UPDATES ON NSO

 

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
© Copyright 2024 MALTESE ITALIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. All Rights Reserved.